Twitter Facebook LinkedIn RSS Feed Email

Sunday 13 July 2014

STATEMENT AND ASSUMPTION

1. Statement: Many historians have done more harm than good by distorting truth.
Assumptions: I. People believe what is reported by the historians.
II. Historians are seldom expected to depict the truth.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - A

2. Statement: "As there is a great demand, every person seeking tickets of the programme will be given only five tickets."
Assumptions: I. The organizers are not keen on selling the tickets.
II. No one is interested in getting more than five tickets.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - D

3. Statement: "Computer education should start at schools itself."
Assumptions: I. Learning computers is easy.
II. Computer education fetches jobs easily.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - A

4. Statement: If he is intelligent, he will pass the examination.
Assumptions: I. To pass, he must be intelligent.
II. He will pass the examination.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E Both I and II are implicit
Ans - A

5. Statement: Today I must satisfy myself only by looking at a pink headed duck in an encyclopaedia.
Assumptions: I. Pink headed ducks are as good as extinct now.
II. People refer to encyclopaedia to know only about things which do not exist now.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - A

6. Statement: The organization should promote employees on the basis of merit alone and not on the basis of length of service or seniority.
Assumptions: I. Length of service or seniority does not alone reflect merit of an employee.
II. It is possible to determine and measure merit of an employee.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - E

7. Statement: "But out of A, B, C and D products, you buy B which alone is based on the international technology."- A shopkeeper tells a customer.
Assumptions: I. The customers normally accept the recommendation of the shopkeeper.
II. Use of international technology is supposed to ensure better quality standards.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - E

8. Statement: "If you want to give any advertisement, give it in the newspaper X." - A tells B.
Assumptions: I. B wants to publicise his products.
II. Newspaper X has a wide circulation.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - B

9. Statement: Kartik left for Delhi on Tuesday by train to attend a function to be held on Friday at his uncle's house in Delhi.
Assumptions: I. Kartik may reach Delhi on Wednesday.
II. Kartik may reach Delhi before Friday.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - B

10. Statement: "Avon Cycles - Fast, easy to ride, impressive, reliable, crafted and up-to-date automation." - An advertisement.
Assumptions: I. There is no other cycle with any of these features.
II. People do not bother about the cost.
A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit
Ans - D

7 comments:

  1. Why 8th answer can't be E? any one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. assumption 1 is the restatement... So we have only one choice...

      Delete
    2. The reason behind answer not being E is that it's not necessary that only products can be publicized through advertisements. Advertisements could be of anything - of an event, service etc. Its not about restatement. In assumption type questions restatement can be valid assumption.

      Delete
  2. can you please explain the reason behind the answer of the question no. 3, bcz according to me it would be "E"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think answer for 7th one should be B. Can anybody explain why it is given E here ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the the worlds used in assumption like normally, usually, may , might , some etc normally assumption will implicit

      Delete
  4. No 2nd is more distributive than statement so it is not possible Ans:A

    ReplyDelete